Beautiful and stylish candle jar filled with wax and scented with stunning fragrances!
Burns for approx. 30 hours
Ensure to burn for 2 hours first time you use your Ava May Aroma so that the whole top melts to avoid pooling and to get a good scent throw. Do not burn for longer than 3 hours.
Average turnaround time – up to 3 days to make, 2-3 days postage.
Burns for approx. 30 hours
Burn for a good 2 hours first burn so whole top melts to avoid pooling and to get an excellent scent throw. Do not burn for longer than 3 hours.
How to prevent candle tunneling
- The first time you light the candle, don't trim the wick. This is the ONLY time I recommend NOT trimming the wick before you light a candle. If you trim the wick too short, the flame might be too small to melt all the wax.
- Let the candle burn long enough to melt the top level entirely. This takes about an hour per inch in diameter of the jar. So if a candle is 3" wide, let it burn for at least 3 hours. If it doesn't melt all the way to the edge don't panic, but get as close as you can. Sometimes the last 1/4" will burn as the candle goes down.
- After the first burn, try to let the candle burn for long stretches as often as you can to keep that really wide opening and prevent tunneling later on.
How to fix candle tunneling
There isn't a pretty or easy way to fix candle tunneling. Your best approach is prevention following the steps above. However, here's how you can try to fix a candle that has tunneled:
Put the candle inside a vase and let it burn for a few hours. The hurricane keeps the heat around the candle to help melt the excess wax. I've also seen people wrap the top of the candle in tin foil (with an opening at the top) to get the wax to melt while burning. You may have to carefully remove some of the liquid wax as you go to keep the flame from drowning out. Let the candle burn until the entire top becomes liquid wax about 1/4" deep. This resets the wax and decreases your chances of tunneling in future burn sessions. If you just remove the dry hard wax down to the wick, it will
- likely tunnel again the next time as the wax around the edge still has never melted. Wax has a memory which is why it's important to set the stage right on the first burn.
If you can't fix the candle there's still ways to enjoy the fragrance. You can either place the candle on a candle warmer and melt the wax that way without lighting the candle. Though you won't be able to enjoy the ambiance of a burning candle, you will be able to enjoy the fragrance.
You can also remove the dry, hard wax and place it in small portions on the top of a tealight warmer. This is another way to warm the wax without lighting the candle. A nice little tealight candle under the warmer adds some ambiance and candlelight while the scented wax on top provides fragrance. Use caution with all these techniques to ensure the wax doesn't become too hot and ignite.
Candle Care & Safety
The use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks, so please ensure you always follow these safety precautions:
Always burn within sight. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
Never use water or a lid to extinguish a candle.
Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm during use and each time candle is relit.
Do not burn your Ava May Aroma candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
Stop burning when 13mm of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the glass wear.
Glass may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
Candle Care Guide
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow cooling and cleaning with a dry paper towel.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame.
Adore - J'Adore (Dior)
Alien Invasion - Alien (Thierry Mugler)
Angel Touch - Angel (Thierry Mugler)
Aventos for Men - Aventus (Creed)
Blac Pomegranate - Pomegranate Noir (Jo Malone)
Comforting - Comforter (Lush)
Cool Waters - Cool Water (Davidoff)
Dark Opium - Black Opium (YSL)
Daisy Chain - Daisy (Marc Jacobs)
Don't Stop Me Now - Unstoppables (Lenor)
English Pear and freesia (Jo Malone)
Fairytale Wish - Fantasy (Britney Spears)
Flower Explosion - Flowerbomb (Viktor and Rolf)
Gemstone - Diamonds (Giorgio Armani)
Sweet Shop - Bon Bon (Viktor and Rolf)
Izzy Miyaki - Issey Miyake
Lime Basil and Mandarin (Jo Malone)
Lady - Lady Million (Paco Rabanne)
Life Is Beautiful - La Vie est Belle (Lancome)
Unconquered - Invictus (Paco Rabanne)
Millionaire - One Million (Paco Rabanne)
Miss - Mademoiselle (Chanel)
Olympian - Olympea (Paco Rabanne)
Only The Bravest - Only The Brave (Diesel)
Passion For Pink - Touch of Pink (Lacoste)
Pink Peony and Blush Suede (Jo Malone)
Princess Potion - J.Choo (Jimmy Choo)
Savage - Sauvage (Dior)
Si (Giorgio Armani)
Snow Fairies - Snow Fairy (Lush)
Seychelles - Seychelles (The White Company)
Spring Awakening (Lenor)
Strawberry and Rhubarb
Vanilla and Anise (Jo Malone)
Zo Flo linen fresh - ZoFlora Linen Fresh
Zo Flo springtime - ZoFlora Springtime
Zo Flo summer Bouquet - ZoFlora Summer Bouquet
Zo Flo Twilight Garden - ZoFlora Twilight Garden
Zo Flo Country Garden - ZoFlora Country Garden
Zo Flo Paradise Peach - ZoFlora Paradise Peach
Zo Flo Tropical Twist - ZoFlora Tropical Twist
Zo Flo Bluebell Woods - ZoFlora Bluebell Woods
Zo Flo Lemon Zing - ZoFlora Lemon Zing
Zo Flo Very Berry - ZoFlora Very Berry
Zo Flo Mountain Air - ZoFlora Mountain Air
Zo Flo Hello Spring - ZoFlora Hello Spring
Zo Flo Summer Bouquet - ZoFlora Summer Bouquet
Zo Flo Green Valley - ZoFlora Green Valley
Disclaimer: Our Fragrance Oils are similar to the luxurious high end scents. We are in no way affiliated with the designer fragrance company. Our fragrance oil simply smells similar to the perfume/aftershave.